Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
We will talk in this article about Neck arthritis , types , causes , symptoms , and treatments for each type of neck arthritis.
Types Of Neck Arthritis:
There are 2 common cases of neck arthritis which are cervical spondylosis and rheumatoid arthritis , in both cases its joint damage that causes pain or discomfort in the neck.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term that is used when the spinal desks in your neck start shrinking , signs of arthritis will start developing after that , the shrinking of the spinal desks in your neck is usually because you are getting older.
Rheumatoid arthritis , this type of arthritis does not appear only in the neck , you can have in most of the joints in your body , rheumatoid arthritis happens when the immune system in your body that is supposed to protect your health end up attacking some healthy cells by mistake , causing inflammations in the damaged parts , rheumatoid arthritis usually attacks a group of joints at once , not one by one.
Symptoms Of Neck Arthritis:
Cervical Spondylosis Symptoms:
- pain in the neck
- weakness in arms or hands
- pain that may expand to the arms
- finding trouble in sleeping
- fatigue and exhaust
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms:
- swollen and warm joint
- fatigue and exhaust
- pain in the joint at the morning that usually last for 30 min
Treatments Of Neck Arthritis:
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment:
- limiting neck movement which means wearing a cervical collar.
- neck exercises to strengthen the cervical spine.
- health therapy.
- surgery may be necessary to relieve the pressure from the spinal cord.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment:
- Medication that can relieve the pain.
- Resting when you need it.
- a splint to support the joint.
Neck Pain Causes:
Most of the people that have neck pain are old people who are usually over 50 , but children and young people can have it too.
- Tumors: a tumor in certain places in the joint can create pain in the neck too , this tumor must be examined to determine the best way of treatment.
- Shoulder arthritis: a shoulder arthritis can expand to the neck
- A stiff neck: this is a case when it is hard or painful to move your neck , and this usually happens when you are sleeping in a weird position for a long time
- A pinched nerve: this occurs when too much pressure is placed on the neck or a place near it , a pinched nerve in your neck may expand the pain to your shoulders or arms.
Prevention Of Neck Arthritis:
- Stretching exercises : stretching exercises are really good to make your joints even stronger and make them harder to be affected .
- Sitting in a properly position : it may sound wrong but the most common reason why some young people get neck arthritis is because they sit in a weird position that is uncomfortable to the back and the neck , so sitting properly may save you from having neck arthritis and lumbar arthritis.
- Sleeping in a good position : just like sitting , the sleeping position is really effective on your back and neck , since sleeping in a weird or an uncomfortable position like sleeping on your stomach can cause you serious pain and problems , the right and healthy sleeping position is sleeping on your right or left side .
- Giving up on smoking and drinking alcohol : smoking and drinking alcohol are known for the serious problems they can cause , since smoking increases your chance of getting rheumatoid arthritis because it helps increasing chance of developing some inflammation forms , and drinking alcohol increases your chance of developing and getting gout , smoking and alcohol are bad in all the ways you can see it , so even if they do not cause you arthritis you may get other problems.