Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In this article we will talk about hand arthritis , types , causes , symptoms and common cases and some ways to avoid hand arthritis .
Types Of Hand Arthritis:
- osteoarthritis: this kind of arthritis usually happens because the smooth cushion between the bone , also known as cartilage start fading away causing pain in the joint and making it harder for them to move , it also causes swelling in the joints , osteoarthritis can occur in any joint in your body but it often occur in the joints of the hands and the knees.
- rheumatoid: this type is similar to osteoarthritis , but instead of making the cartilages fade away ,a forms of inflammation start occurring between the joints , then the lines between your joints start getting inflamed and thickened followed up with fluid building up causing your joints to erode and claps .
- psoriatic: this type of arthritis usually happen to someone if this person had psoriasis , one of the symptoms of psoriatic is red patches of skin topped with silvery scales , most people usually develop psoriasis then they start developing psoriatic .
- Each type develops differently but all of them lead to pain and a discomfortable feeling in the hand or fingers.
Symptoms Of Hand Arthritis:
Pain and discomfort in fingers or hands , swelling is one of the symptoms as well because as we mentioned earlier that the fading of the cartilages causes swelling in the joints , noticing red patches of skin topped with silvery scales may also be one of the symptoms , you can visit a doctor so he can tell you if you really have a problem or no.
Cases Of Hand Arthritis:
- Swelling : The cartilages and tissues are made to protect the delicate joints in your hand , if the cartilage is damaged it will cause swelling in the joint , and the opposite can happen , if the joint is damaged it may cause swelling in the tissues and cartilage.
- The swell of the tissues in your hand may make your hands or finger to look puffier than usual
- Joint deformity : The cartilages in your hand can disappear unevenly , plus , the cartilages are made to hold the joints in a place where it grows weaker as the arthritis develops , these two processes may cause deformities in your hand , the swelling of the joints can also make your hand feel uncomfortable because as the joint or cartilage swell , it becomes harder for the joint to move.
- Joint stiffness : if a cartilage is swollen the joint cant move freely which leads to joint stiffness , it usually happens after waking up since you haven’t used your hand for hours or after an exhausting day where your fingers are experiencing more stress than usual
- There are more cases but these are the most common ones
Preventing From Hand Arthritis:
- Gaining a healthy weight that would help fighting OA : having a healthy wight is always good for any type of arthritis , not just hands and fingers since losing weight decreases the amount of pressure that your joints are experiencing.
- Playing safely while doing sport or any activity : playing aggressively is one of the most causes of hand pain and hand arthritis , since people who play aggressive may fall damaging their joints or other people joints , so playing safely may save you from a lot of problems .
- Getting a comfortable keyboard if your job requires a lot of typing : if you a computer engineer or if you are a person who use the computer a lot it a normal thing if you start having pain in your hands since you use then a lot , so getting a good and a comfortable keyboard will really help you.
- don’t smoke , this may reduce the chance of developing RA : smoking and drinking alcohol as well can cause you arthritis in any part in your body , since smoking increases your chance of developing RA because it makes a lot of inflammation forms , and drinking alcohol increases your chance of developing gout , smoking and drinking alcohol can cause more problems than arthritis , so leaving them even if you dont have arthritis is always a prefect option