Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In this article we will talk what is arthritis , the types , causes and how to avoid it.
What Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a disease that causes pain and stiffness in the joint , and the most percentage of people that have are in the working age which is between 18 and 60 years ,that doesn’t mean that children cannot be affected , yes they can , and most of the people that have this disease are overweight and , most of arthritis cases can be treated from simple activities you can do it at home.
Types Of Arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis (OA): it is the most common type of arthritis where the smooth cushion between your joints starts fading away and disappearing causing your joints to swell and when joints start swelling moving becomes harder and painful sometimes depending on how swell the joint is , Osteoarthritis usually occur in more than one joint , it occur in multiple joints at once.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA): Rheumatoid arthritis is common too , it happens when a form of inflammation occur between your joints , smoking can make it even worse and it helps developing it , eating vegetables and fruits that have substances that reduces inflammation can help you.
- Juvenile arthritis (JA): this type od arthritis is the most common type of arthritis in children or people who are less than 16 , Juvenile arthritis causes pain in the joints and swelling.
- Spondyloarthropathies: it is a type of arthritis that attacks the spine and, in some people, the joints of the arms and legs. The main symptom (how you are feeling) in most patients is low back pain. it can also involve skin and intestines .
- Lupus erythematosus: it is an autoimmune disease , It can affect the skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs. In this disease, the immune system of the body that is supposed to protect the body mistakenly attacks healthy tissue.
- Gout : It’s the most common type of inflammatory arthritis. Gout causes sudden and severe joint pain that usually starts in the big toe. But other joints and areas around the joints can be affected, Gout is an inflammatory type of arthritis that more commonly affects men , Gout is the only arthritis that can be caused by drinking alcohol.
- Psoriatic arthritis (PsA): it is a type of arthritis that affects some people who have psoriasis, Most people develop psoriasis first and are later diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, but the joint paincan sometimes begin before skin patches appear.
Causes Of Arthritis:
The reason behind most arthritis cases is the unusual stress that the joint has experienced .
inflammation is also a big reason behind a lot of arthritis cases ,smoking may cause more inflammation and it can also cause developing RA faster than usual.
Prevention From Arthritis:
You can prevent yourself from arthritis by sitting and sleeping in a properly way , taking rests whenever you need it , finding the comfortable way to do stuff , doing sport and activities safely . quiting smoking and drinking alcohol also helps since as we mentioned earlier smoking causes more inflammation forms and helps in developing RA , alcohol causes one type of arthritis which is as we mentioned earlier Gout .
Eating vegetables and fruits like broccoli and berries helps protecting you from arthritis , because a lots of fruits and vegetables contain substances that helps reduce inflammation and regenerating some damaged joints , olive oil helps too since it contains a substance that blocks the making of a specific type of cells that helps in the development of RA .
Taking a rest and enough sleep also helps since you are not making a lot of pressure on the joint , overall you should also avoid food that forms inflammation and always go for food that is rich with vitamins and minerals